[R] Warning from installing packages in R3.6.1

Steven Yen @yen @end|ng |rom hqu@edu@cn
Sat Sep 14 16:29:15 CEST 2019

Since updating to R3.6.1., I have received a WARNING message saying
Rtools is required.
I get the same message installing online from CRAN and from a .zip file.
It looked like installation still went through in both cases, BUT,

Another student installed a .zip file and received the following error
message:

Error in install.packages : invalid multibyte string at `<87><55>...

do I have to live with the message?

I hate to tell students to install Rtools, which they do not do much with.
Warning message is listed below. Thank you.
---

 > Install.packages("aod")
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but it is not currently
installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools
before proceeding:

Package 'aod' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked.

--
syen using hqu.edu.cn

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]