[R] Warning from installing packages in R3.6.1

Steven Yen @tyen @end|ng |rom ntu@edu@tw
Mon Sep 16 04:07:41 CEST 2019

Hello Duncan:
Below I am sending
(1) message from installation of a .zip file;
(2) from installation of aod from CRAN;
(3) from running the line sessionInfo()

Looks like both installations were successful despite the warning
message. Now the point seems to be to figure out why the warning arises.
Thank you.
Steven Yen

===
 > install.packages("C:/Users/Bonnie/Desktop/yenlib1_1.1.0.zip", repos =
NULL, type = "win.binary")
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently
installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools
before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Bonnie/Documents/R/win-library/3.6’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
package ‘yenlib1’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

 > install.packages("aod")
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently
installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools
before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Bonnie/Documents/R/win-library/3.6’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/aod_1.3.1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 322953 bytes (315 KB)
downloaded 315 KB

package ‘aod’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\Bonnie\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpikl35B\downloaded_packages

 > sessionInfo()
R version 3.6.1 (2019-07-05)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 17763)

Matrix products: default

Random number generation:
  RNG:     Mersenne-Twister
  Normal:  Inversion
  Sample:  Rounding

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[2] LC_CTYPE=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[3] LC_MONETARY=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=Chinese (Simplified)_China.936

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils
[5] datasets  methods   base

[1] compiler_3.6.1 tools_3.6.1