[R] Automating package updates after major version change

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Sun Apr 26 19:04:06 CEST 2020

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020, Bert Gunter wrote:

> ?install.packages  (argument dependencies)
> which is explicitly  pointed to by ?update.packages
>
> "Warning
>
> Take care when using dependencies (passed to install.packages) with
> update.packages, for it is unclear where new dependencies should be
> installed. The current implementation will only allow it if all the
> packages to be updated are in a single library, when that library will
> be used. "

Bert,

Thank you. I'll read both help pages to better understand applying them to
unknown dependencies. Here, they're all in one library as I'm the only user.

Regards,

Rich