[R] [FORGED] Dependent Variable in Logistic Regression

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 3 21:39:08 CEST 2020

> Sorry, Abby, I do disagree here ((strongly enough as to warrant
> this reply) :

Which part are you disagreeing with?
That unambiquous names/references should be used, or that there are
many R functions for GLMs.
The wording of your post, suggests (kind of), that there is only one R
function for GLMs.

> We're talking about doing "basic" statistics with R,  and these
> function in the stats package have been part of R even before
> got a version number.

Remember, not everyone is using the same R packages, as you.
And some people have done university courses, or done online courses,
etc, in R, without ever using one function from the stats package.

I'm reluctant to assume that all R users will have a common understanding.
And what may seem obvious to you or me, may seem quite foreign to some
users, or vice versa.

> So, no,  glm()  {and the stats package} are the default and I still
> think everybody should know and assume that.

But perhaps most importantly, the OP said "the glm".
He never said "glm()", but rather the subsequent posters did.

Rolf suggested his post was bullshit, after removing the lexical peroxide.
How does anyone know that it wasn't a genuine post, but in reference
to something other than stats::glm?

Shouldn't people be innocent until proven guilty.
Otherwise (something I have been guilty of in the past), the mailing
list turns into statistical propaganda...

Even if the OP was referring to stats::glm, I'm still inclined to feel
the post was legitimate, just a bit short on technical details...