[R] Trend value from smoothing spline trend fit

Dileepkumar R d||eepkunj@@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 11 19:41:15 CEST 2020

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we can get the curve fit values on the line (as the length of input
data frame) from predict.gam() function.  But I wish to get the trend value
(in Trends in °C per decade or °C per year) as given in the Box 2.2, Table
1.  But I couldn't find any option in GAM method.

Actually on of the reviewer of my paper suggested me to estimate the
non-linear trend as given in this Box 2.2, Table 1 and Figure 1.

Dileepkumar R