[R] Question about dotwhisker

Dan Bolser d@n@bo|@er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 18 14:47:04 CET 2020

Hello,

I'm reading this and one part is confusing me (the most ;-)

library(dotwhisker)
library(broom)
library(dplyr)

m1 <- lm(mpg ~ wt + cyl + disp + gear, data = mtcars)

# Please compare:
dwplot(m1)
dwplot(tidy(m1))

Why is the dwplot of tidy(m1) so different from the dwplot of m1?

I had thought that tidy just gathers data from m1 and that that is what
dwplot is showing, but the latter shows results that are closer to what you
get from inspecting m1:

Coefficients:
(Intercept)           wt          cyl         disp         gear
  43.539847    -3.792867    -1.784296     0.006944    -0.490445

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but the latter looks right while the former
looks wrong (i.e. I can't work out what the former is actually plotting).

Many thanks,
Dan.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]