[R] Question about dotwhisker

Dan Bolser d@n@bo|@er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 18 14:53:28 CET 2020

Sorry, forgot to link the actual vignette:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/dotwhisker/vignettes/dotwhisker-vignette.html

In fact the vignette states:
dwplot(m1_df) #same as dwplot(m1)

where m1_df is m1_df <- tidy(m1)

They are not the same in either the vignette itself or on my computer.

I don't understand the part about "rescale the coefficients", but it seems
that that is now the default... Just visually at least...

If the plots in the vignette are auto-generated from code, then that would
explain why the discrepancy isn't mentioned in the text.

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 13:47, Dan Bolser <dan.bolser using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm reading this and one part is confusing me (the most ;-)
>
> library(dotwhisker)
> library(broom)
> library(dplyr)
>
> m1 <- lm(mpg ~ wt + cyl + disp + gear, data = mtcars)
>
> # Please compare:
> dwplot(m1)
> dwplot(tidy(m1))
>
> Why is the dwplot of tidy(m1) so different from the dwplot of m1?
>
> I had thought that tidy just gathers data from m1 and that that is what
> dwplot is showing, but the latter shows results that are closer to what you
> get from inspecting m1:
>
> Coefficients:
> (Intercept)           wt          cyl         disp         gear
>   43.539847    -3.792867    -1.784296     0.006944    -0.490445
>
> Sorry if I'm being stupid, but the latter looks right while the former
> looks wrong (i.e. I can't work out what the former is actually plotting).
>

> Many thanks,
> Dan.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]