[R] [FORGED] Error: cannot allocate vector of size 6.5 Gb

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Feb 23 00:21:12 CET 2020

On 23/02/20 11:42 am, greg holly wrote:

> Dear R-Help members;
>
> I have the following error messages when I would like to create
> training and testing data for Random Forest.
>
> Your help is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Greg
>
> inTrain <- createDataPartition(a, p = 0.7, list = FALSE)
> Error: cannot allocate vector of size 6.5 Gb

What help do you want, exactly?  The error message seems pretty clear.
Your data set "a" is such that trying to apply the function results in
asking for more memory than can be allocated.

Without knowing something about "a" it is impossible to say more.
Members of this list do not, as far as I know, have psychic powers.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow