[R] Error: cannot allocate vector of size 6.5 Gb

Peter Crowther peter@crowther @end|ng |rom me|@ndr@@com
Mon Feb 24 14:27:54 CET 2020

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of R?  The 32-bit version
cannot allocate that much space; on Windows, the maximum contiguous space
that can ever be allocated in a 32-bit process is a little over 1Gbyte, on
Unix it's larger but cannot go over the 32-bit address space limit of
4Gbytes.

Cheers,

- Peter