[R] [FORGED] Re: rmgarch: source package installation problem

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Thu Jan 2 23:54:47 CET 2020

On 2/01/20 9:51 pm, Pietro Coretto wrote:

<SNIP>

> No problem Rolf. Thanks for you interest. But the problem is still
> unsolved!

I experimented and found that I too could not install rmgarch.  However
the string of error messages that I got was quite different from yours.

I did some scrounging around and after a bit of trial and error found
that I needed to do:

sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev
sudo apt-get install libmpfr-dev

Then the R command

    install.packages("rmgarch",lib="~/Rlib")

worked.  (Note that "~/Rlib" is where I keep my "contributed" packages.)

This is under Ubuntu 18.04.  I don't know if this will work for you
since, as I said, the error messages that I initially got were different
from those that you got.

*Don't* ask me about what to do under Mac OSX or (God save us!) under
Windoze!!! :-)

cheers,

Rolf

P.S. I have taken the liberty of CC-ing this to the r-help list in case
it is of interest to others or in case others may have useful
contributions to add.

R.

--
Honorary Research Fellow