[R] Computation of r.squared for weighted least squares linear models

Anindya Mozumdar r@dmuzom @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Tue Jan 7 15:54:28 CET 2020

Dear Sebastian,

I was able to replicate the R^2 value of 0.993019 using the function provided as the second answer (by Julien Massardier) to the following question - https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/83826/is-a-weighted-r2-in-robust-linear-model-meaningful-for-goodness-of-fit-analys

Thank you.
Regards,
Anindya

Hi,

recently I posted a question about how R computes the value for the

"r.squared" statistic internally for weighted least squares linear

models on crossvalidated.com (see:

https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/439590/how-does-r-compute-r-squared-for-weighted-least-squares)

including a minimal code example but unfortunately did not get an answer.

I would greatly appreciate if any of you who know the answer could reply

either here or directly on my post on crossvalidated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

--

Sebastian Starke

Computational Science Group (FWCC)

Department of Information Services and Computing (FWC)

Building 312, Room 9

Phone: +49 - 351 - 260 3693

Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.

http://www.hzdr.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey, Dr. Ulrich Breuer

Vereinsregister: VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden