[R] Fixed effects regression constant (intercept) using lfe::felm

Rasmus Liland jr@| @end|ng |rom po@teo@no
Thu Jul 9 18:44:10 CEST 2020

On 2020-07-09 07:15 -0700, Bert Gunter wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 3:09 AM Valerio Leone Sciabolazza <sciabolazza using gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > When calculating a panel data
> > regression with multiple fixed
> > effects using the function felm()
> > from the lfe package, no constant
> > term (i.e.  intercept) is generated
> > in the summary results.
> >
> > Also, I would like to know if it is
> > possible to obtain a reliable
> > approximation of the value of the
> > intercept estimated by lm using
> > lfe::getfe.
>
> you may do better by contacting the
> package maintainer (?maintainer) and
> asking him/her to refer you to
> appropriate references, as this sounds
> like a statistical methodology query.

Valerio,

these are such interesting questions.

Rememeber to post a follow-up of your
findings here and on SO if you are able
to solve this.

/ Difficulty                              \
| Practice no-action; Attend to           |
| do-nothing; Taste the flavorless,       |
| Magnify the small, Multiply the few,    |
| Return love for hate. Deal with the     |
| difficult while it is yet easy; Deal    |
| with the great while it is yet small;   |
| The difficult develops naturally from   |
| the easy, And the great from the small; |
| So the sage, by dealing with the small, |
| Achieves the great. Who finds it easy   |
| to promise finds it hard to be trusted; |
| Who takes things lightly finds things   |
| difficult; The sage recognizes          |
| difficulty, and so has none.            |
\ -- Lao Tse, "Tao Te Ching"              /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||