[R] Removing a space from a string

Dennis Fisher ||@her @end|ng |rom p|e@@th@n@com
Wed Jul 29 02:19:05 CEST 2020

Richard

In reply to your “first response”, the text was originally in a Word document and it did NOT contain the errant spaces.  I used read_docx in the textreadr package to access the text.  The spaces were added during that step.  I am copying the maintainer of that package to see if he has any idea as to the source.

Thanks for your regular expression suggestion.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
www.PLessThan.com <http://www.plessthan.com/>