[R] [External] Re: R Software Risk Analysis

Fri Jun 19 02:46:39 CEST 2020

As others have noted, R's vulnerabilities depend on the environments in
which it is used. Perhaps the other issue is whether any downloaded R
software could be problematic, perhaps due to malware. R's core
functionality is, I'm sure fine. For the 20,000 or so packages on CRAN and
elsewhere -- ?? One would have to probaby check the security on CRAN's (or
others') servers for that. My ignorant expectation is that the most such
university associated servers are quite secure.

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."