[R] possible issue with scatterplot function in car package

Yousri Fanous you@r|@|@nou@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun May 3 01:30:49 CEST 2020

library (car)

 aa <- data.frame(x=c(2,  5, 6, 7, 8),
+  y=c(5,  10, 9, 12, 11),
+ ch=c("N",  "Q", "R", "S", "T"),
+ stringsAsFactors=FALSE)

scatterplot(aa$x,aa$y,smooth = FALSE, grid = FALSE, frame = FALSE,regLine=F)

Both x and y boxplots are correct
and in particular the median of the x box is at 6 which is confirmed

> median(aa$x)
[1] 6

Now I do only one addition to the scatterplot: I add xlim
> scatterplot(aa$x,aa$y,smooth = FALSE, grid = FALSE, frame =
FALSE,regLine=F,xlim=c(0,8))

This causes the boxplot on x-axis to be in error:
1) the lower whisker starts now from zero
2) the median is between 4 and 6 and no longer at 6 as before

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.6.3 (2020-02-29)
 [1] car_3.0-7

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]