[R] How to combine two rows in a data table into a third new row, such that the values in the row are added together in the new row?

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Wed May 6 11:13:22 CEST 2020

Hi

Maybe aggregate?

1. Make your column STATUS a factor
2. Combine levels Resolved and Closed to one common factor named
Reslolved/Closed
3. aggregate according to new STATUS

temp <- read.table("clipboard", sep=",", header=T)
temp$STATUS
[1] "Resolved"    "Assigned"    "Closed"      "In Progress" "Pending"
[6] "Cancelled"
temp$STATUS <- factor(temp$STATUS)
levels(temp$STATUS)
[1] "Assigned"    "Cancelled"   "Closed"      "In Progress" "Pending"
[6] "Resolved"
levels(temp$STATUS)[c(3,6)] <- "Resolved/Closed"
aggregate(temp$N, list(temp$STATUS), sum)
          Group.1    x
1        Assigned  135
2       Cancelled   20
4     In Progress   56