[R] analyzing results from Tuesday's US elections

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sun Nov 1 21:16:41 CET 2020

Hello:

       What can you tell me about plans to analyze data from this year's
general election, especially to detect possible fraud?

       I might be able to help with such an effort.  I have NOT done
much with election data, but I have developed tools for data analysis,
including web scraping, and included them in R packages available on the
Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN) and GitHub.[1]

       Penny Abernathy, who holds the Knight Chair in Journalism and
Digital Media Economics at UNC-Chapel Hill, told me that the electoral
fraud that disqualified the official winner from NC-09 to the US House
in 2018 was detected by a college prof, who accessed the data two weeks
after the election.[2]

       Spencer Graves

[1]
https://github.com/sbgraves237