[R] analyzing results from Tuesday's US elections

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Nov 8 06:39:14 CET 2020

> What can you tell me about plans to analyze data from this year's
> general election, especially to detect possible fraud?

I was wondering if there's any R packages with out-of-the-box
functions for this sort of thing.
Can you please let us know, if you find any.

> I might be able to help with such an effort.  I have NOT done
> much with election data, but I have developed tools for data analysis,
> including web scraping, and included them in R packages available on the
> Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN) and GitHub.[1]

Do you have a URL for detailed election results?
Or even better, a nice R-friendly CSV file...

I recognize that the results aren't complete.
And that such a file may need to be updated later.
But that doesn't necessarily prevent modelling now.