[R] Getting different results with set.seed()

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Thu Aug 19 11:25:41 CEST 2021

Hi

Did you try different order?

Step 2: set.seed (123)

Step 1. Self-coded functions (these functions generate random numbers as well)

Step 3: Call those functions.

Step 4: model results.

Cheers
Petr.

And BTW, do not use HTML formating, it could cause problems in text only list.

From: Shah Alam <dr.alamsolangi using gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 10:10 AM
To: PIKAL Petr <petr.pikal using precheza.cz>
Subject: Re: [R] Getting different results with set.seed()

Dear Petr,

It is more than 2000 lines of code with a lot of functions and data inputs. I
am not sure whether it would be useful to upload it. However, you are
absolutely right. I used

Step 1. Self-coded functions (these functions generate random numbers as well)

Step 2: set.seed (123)

Step 3: Call those functions.

Step 4: model results.

I close the R session and run the code from step 1. I get different results
for the same set of values for parameters.

Best regards,
Shah

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 at 09:56, PIKAL Petr <mailto:petr.pikal using precheza.cz>