[R] A glitch (???) in tools::texi2pf.

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Aug 29 10:37:42 CEST 2021

It is a general "feature" of TeX that documents with tables of
contents, indices,
bibliographies, and so on, have to be "iterated to convergence".  A couple of
PhD theses came out of Stanford; the problem is in that which page one thing
goes on depends on where other things went, which depends on where the
first thing went... TeX users got accustomed to this, which meant that they
also tolerated similar things in outboard tools like bibtex.  You
could of course
run bibtex explicitly to recreate the .bbl file.

Frankly, the suggestion of patching texi2pdf to delete the .bbl file(s) seems
like the simplest way forward.