[R] ISO recommendations for plot output format from R to MS Word

Robert Dodier robert@dod|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 18 20:03:34 CET 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 10:12 AM Kevin Thorpe <kevin.thorpe using utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I would think that it would be more seamless to use Rmarkdown.
> Simply put the plotting code into an Rmarkdown file and send it
> straight to Word. Is there a reason why this is not a viable option?

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. Well, I started working with Word
because at least one other person needs to edit it and they want to
use Word. More fundamentally, it's not clear to me that going through
Rmarkdown solves the problem of determining the image format -- at
some point a figure is going to get generated and then pasted into a
Word document. It's not clear that doing that automatically is going
to work better or differently than doing it by hand. Anyway I think I
have a working solution at this point so I leave it to others to
investigate further possibilities.

best,

Robert Dodier