[R] Assigning categorical values to dates

Tom Woolman twoo|m@n @end|ng |rom ont@rgettek@com
Thu Jul 22 05:56:40 CEST 2021

Not if you use as.factor to convert a character type column to factor
levels. It should recode the distinct string values to factors
automatically for you.

i.e.,

df$datefactors <- as.factor(df$datestrings)