[R] RStudio does not do anything when issued Knit request

Sun Jun 6 01:31:58 CEST 2021

If you walk into the produce section of a grocery store and start asking people how to fix your car, you may find a mechanic there because mechanics need vegetables also, but that doesn't make that the right approach. Lots of people here use the R language without touching RStudio... this mailing list is about the R language rather than tools. You should be at https://community.rstudio.com/ for this question.

I will say that your version of RStudio is a bit old for that version of R... they have not released a full update for R 4.1.0 yet. You can help them debug by trying out their preview version, or you can use R directly from the command line or using RGui and any text editor. But I don't claim that rolling back your version of R will fix your problems with RStudio... I have no idea.