[R] Need to compare two columns in two data.frames and return all rows from df where rows values are missing

Gregg Powell g@@@powe|| @end|ng |rom protonm@||@com
Sun Jun 13 23:30:27 CEST 2021

This is even complicated to write into a question....

Have two data.frames (A and B)

data.frame A and B each have a name column. Want to compare A and B data.frame to each other based on the values in the 'names' columns - for every name that appears in dataframe A  but not B, I want to copy the corresponding rows to a third dataframe C, and for every name that appears in B but not A, I want to copy the corresponding rows to a fourth dataframe D. I can then row bind the dataframes C and D together and get a complete list of all the rows that were missing in either A or B.

try as I might - I can't get this to work. Can someone help P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!

 Thanks,
 Gregg Powell
 AZ, USA