[R] Need to compare two columns in two data.frames and return all rows from df where rows values are missing

Mon Jun 14 01:06:07 CEST 2021

... but I *think*

merge(A, B, by = "name", all = TRUE)

is what you want. Rows of NA's correspond to rows that were in one but not
the other.

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 2:38 PM Gregg Powell via R-help <
r-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> This is even complicated to write into a question....
>
> Have two data.frames (A and B)
>
> data.frame A and B each have a name column. Want to compare A and B
> data.frame to each other based on the values in the 'names' columns - for
> every name that appears in dataframe A  but not B, I want to copy the
> corresponding rows to a third dataframe C, and for every name that appears
> in B but not A, I want to copy the corresponding rows to a fourth dataframe
> D. I can then row bind the dataframes C and D together and get a complete
> list of all the rows that were missing in either A or B.
>
> try as I might - I can't get this to work. Can someone help P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!
>

>  Thanks,
>  Gregg Powell
> PLEASE do read the posting guide

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]