[R] Colorizing contribution of variables

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Mar 21 20:26:55 CET 2021

Hi,

I am going to assume that you are using factoextra, and are working
the example from the function in question, but it would be useful for
you to explicitly state that when you're asking a question about a
particular package and function.

When you choose the argument "contrib" the colors are based on the
strength of the relationship overall (the length of the arrow), not
the contribution of any individual direction.

See here http://www.sthda.com/english/wiki/factoextra-r-package-easy-multivariate-data-analyses-and-elegant-visualization
and the various other sources of documentation for the packages.

Sarah

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 1:32 PM Mahmood Naderan-Tahan
<mahmood.naderan using ugent.be> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use the following function to plot the variables with their contributions.
>

> fviz_famd_var(res.famd, "quanti.var", col.var = "contrib",
>               gradient.cols = c("#00AFBB", "#E7B800", "#FC4E07"),
>               repel = TRUE)
>

> The result can be seen at https://i.stack.imgur.com/Kbq1j.png
>
> When I use "quanti.var$contrib" I see multiple dimensions and the question is which dimension is used for colorizing the contributions? For example, is the blue color of V2 related to low contribution on Dim1 or Dim2?
>

> Regards,
> Mahmood

Sarah Goslee (she/her)
http://www.numberwright.com