[R] calculating area of ellipse

Tue May 11 16:48:16 CEST 2021

The area is a product, not a ratio. There are certainly examples out there of meaningful products of different units, such as distance * force (work) or power " time (work).

If you choose to form a ratio with the area as numerator, you could conceivably obtain the numerator with force snd distance and then meaningfully form a ratio with time (power). So this asserted requirement as to homogeneous units seems inaccurate. But without context I don't know if any of this will aid in interpretation of variance for the OP.