[R] Warning msg after reinstall?

Brian Lunergan ||809 @end|ng |rom nc|@c@
Sun Nov 7 23:07:20 CET 2021

Evening gents:

First to quickly try and set the scene.

I run R on Linux Mint 19.3. I had version 3.5 installed, but wanted to
try and upgrade to 4.1. So... I deleted all R stuff I could find, setup
the software sources file, and tried to install. Didn't work. I suppose
it needs a more recent edition of Mint. Backpedalled as best I could.
Now 3.5 was uncooperative. Finally found some notes describing how to
install 3.6. That worked. So now I again have a functioning copy of R,
with a current edition of Rstudio as my principle access tool. Adding
pkgs through the software manager doesn't seem to be work, but as long
as I fire it up using the sudo command I can add them through Rstudio.

The puzzle comes at the end of an install round. It seems I may have
taken out something I shouldn't have as I get the following warning.

Warning messages:
1: In readLines(file, skipNul = TRUE) :
  cannot open compressed file
'/usr/lib/R/site-library/labelled/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such
file or directory'
2: In readLines(file, skipNul = TRUE) :
  cannot open compressed file
'/usr/lib/R/site-library/TH.data/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such
file or directory'

I'm not really sure. I assume I got sloppy withe deletions. I ask for
assistance to solve this. What does it mean? What can I do to correct
the error? Thanks in advance.

ttyl...
--
Brian Lunergan