[R] creating a new variable and merging it on the dataframe

Admire Tarisirayi Chirume @tch|rume @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 18 13:26:11 CEST 2021

Good day colleagues. Below is a csv file attached which i am using in my
analysis.

hh.id

hd17.perm

hd17employ

health.exp

total.food.exp

total.nfood.exp

1

2

yes

1654

23654

23655

2

2

yes

2564

265897

65984

3

6

no

2547

123311

52416

4

8

no

5698

13648

12544

5

6

no

1254

36549

12365

6

8

yes

1236

236541

26522

7

8

no

4521

13264

23698

So I created a df using the above csv file as follows

wbpractice <- read.csv("world_practice.csv")

Now, I wanted to create a new variable called gap and scripted and executed
the following command :

wbpractice %>%

mutate(gap = total.food.exp-total.nfood.exp)  #gen a variable

By recalling  wbpractice, I could not see the new variable created. Running
the command;

names(wbpractice)

shows the old variables only. Any help on how to append the newly created
variable on my data?

Alternative email: addtarris using icloud.com/TChirume using rbz.co.zw
Skype: admirechirume
Call: +263773369884
whatsapp: +818099861504

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]