[R] Error with RMySQL

Ashim Kapoor @@h|mk@poor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 28 07:41:24 CEST 2021

Dear R - users,

I have 2 databases on a MySQL server. I am able to access the old one
but not the freshly created one.

library(RMySQL)
# This one is the old one, I am able to access it,
> con1<- dbConnect(MySQL(),host= "myserver", db="db1", user= "user1",password ="mypass1")

# This is the new one. I am getting an error.
> con2 <- dbConnect(MySQL(),host= "myserver", db="db2", user= "user2",password="mypass2")
Error in .local(drv, ...) :
  Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user
'user2'@'myserver' (using password: YES)

Can someone please point me in the right direction? The error is not
clear. I do not think I have mistyped the credentials.

Many thanks,
Ashim