[R] html into R

Nick Wray n|ckmwr@y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 26 10:43:56 CEST 2022

hello - I need to download flow data for Scottish river catchments.  The
data is available from the Scottish Environmental protection Agency body
and that doesn't present a problem.  For example the API beneath will
access the 96 flow recordings on the River Tweed on Jan 1st 2020 at one
station:

https://timeseries.sepa.org.uk/KiWIS/KiWIS?service=kisters&type=queryServices&datasource=0&request=getTimeseriesValues&ts_path=1/14972/Q/15m.Cmd&from=2020-01-01&to=2020-01-07&returnfields=Timestamp,Value,Quality%20Code

But this data comes as HTML.  I can copy and paste it into a text doc which
can then be read into R but that's slow and time-consuming.  I have tried
using the package "rvest" to import the HTML into R but I have got nowhere.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how to do this?

Thanks Nick Wray

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]