[R] setting timezone variable permanently...

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Wed Dec 7 18:40:41 CET 2022

Dear Jeff,
                    thanks a lot....

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI
________________________________
From: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 11:03 PM
To: akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com>; r-help using r-project.org <r-help using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R] setting timezone variable permanently...

As I said, the tz is linked to your data, not where you OR your compute server are, so setting TZ in your R code or specifying it as the tz argument when you convert it are the best options.

If you choose to use your OS to set it that is up to you... but your code should not depend on that setting either way.