[R] [R-pkgs] onetime 0.1.0: Run Code Only Once

David Hugh-Jones d@v|dhughjone@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 7 17:57:12 CET 2022

Dear all,

Onetime 0.1.0, a utility package of interest to package developers, is now
on CRAN:

https://cran.r-project.org/package=onetime

Onetime uses lockfiles to perform an action only once (ever, or with an
expiry date) on a given computer. For example, it can send a message or
warning:

for (i in 1:10) {
  onetime_message("This will be shown only once", id = "my-message")
}

It also lets you send a message and confirm the user doesn't need to see it
again:

onetime_message_confirm("User can opt not to show this message again",
                                             id = "my-confirm-message")

Onetime checks that you have permission to store files on the user's
computer, and allows package authors to ask for this permission using
check_ok_to_store().

Package authors can use onetime to print one-off informative messages for
new users, or to do other one-off actions.

Documentation is available at https://hughjonesd.github.io/onetime/.

Cheers,
David

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]