[R] Install OpenCL

Quirin Stier Qu|r|n_St|er @end|ng |rom gmx@de
Thu Jun 2 16:49:27 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,

the installation of OpenCL on windows with CUDA 11.7 failed. I can set
up tensorflow in python and communicate with the GPU, so I assume CUDA
is set up correctly. OpenCL headers are also available through the CUDA
toolkit.

However, the package installation of OpenCL in R fails. There is not
much documentation available. Can anyone help with that please?

 > install.packages("OpenCL")
Installiere Paket nach ‘C:/Users/quiri/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2’
(da ‘lib’ nicht spezifiziert)
Paket, das nur als Quelltext vorliegt und eventuell Übersetzung von
C/C++/Fortran benötigt.: ‘OpenCL’
installiere Quellpaket ‘OpenCL’

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/OpenCL_0.2-2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 20881 bytes (20 KB)
downloaded 20 KB

* installing *source* package 'OpenCL' ...
** Paket 'OpenCL' erfolgreich entpackt und MD5 Summen überprüft
** using staged installation

ERROR: OCL not set!

You will need a working OpenCL SDK with headers
and libraries for both i386 and x64

Set OCL to the root of the SDK

You can also set individial variables OCLINC,
OCL32LIB and OCL64LIB. If they are not set,
the default layout will be assumed.

ERROR: configuration failed for package 'OpenCL'
* removing 'C:/Users/quiri/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/OpenCL'
Warning in install.packages :
   Installation des Pakets ‘OpenCL’ hatte Exit-Status ungleich 0

Die heruntergeladenen Quellpakete sind in
  ‘C:\Users\quiri\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpeepQng\downloaded_packages’

Best regards,

Quirin