[R] Cook's distance for least absolute deviation (lad) regressions

Mon Mar 21 03:02:17 CET 2022

1. See ?influence measures for info on cook's distance in R.

2. See references therein for details; or here for the definition FOR
LEAST SQUARES REGRESSION, but *not lad regression*:
https://www.statisticshowto.com/cooks-distance/
Strictly speaking, Cook's D applies only to L2 regression.

3. I know of no equivalent to Cook's distance for LAD's regression.
Indeed, isn't the whole point of LAD that it is relatively insensitive
to unusual values (which is one of the components of a point's
influence)? However, just because I don't know of it doesn't mean
anything. You might have a look at the 'quantreg' package or search on
"L1 regression in R" for other packages that implement LAD regression
to see what they have. A web search on "influence measures for L1
regression" might also turn up something relevant.

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."