[R] Is there a canonical way to pronounce CRAN?

Charles-Édouard Giguère ce@g|guere @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 4 17:23:08 CEST 2022

I pronounce it like "Yes we CRAN!" but I don't know the answer to your
question.
Interesting question though : )
Charles-Édouard

-----Message d'origine-----
De : R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> De la part de Roland Rau via
R-help
Envoyé : 4 mai 2022 07:20
À : r-help using r-project.org
Objet : [R] Is there a canonical way to pronounce CRAN?

Dear all,

I talked with colleagues this morning and we realized that some people
(=me) pronounce CRAN like the German word "Kran" (probably pronounced like
"cruhn" in English -- if it was a word).
My colleague pronounced it as "Sea-Ran" or "Sea-Run". The colleague was a
student and has worked at the same institution as an R Core Developer and
heard it from him personally.

So now I am puzzled. Have I been wrong about 43% of my life? ;-)

Honestly: Is there a unique way how the core developers prounounce CRAN?

Not an urgent question at all but maybe interesting to many of us.

Thanks,
Roland

--
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic ...{{dropped:2}}