[R] (no subject)

Thu Oct 6 17:52:46 CEST 2022

Hi Julie,

В Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:58:51 -0400
Julie Coughlin <jcoughlin using umass.edu> пишет:

> Can you send me a later version of r programming to use on my macos
> version 10.12.6? The newest r program is not compatible with my
> macbook.

Since R 4.0.0, the official builds of R require macOS ≥ 10.13. The
Homebrew project doesn't seem to have any binaries for 10.12 either,
but it should be able to build R for you:
https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/r#default

Alternatively, you can follow the guide at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html and build
the source code yourself.

We have a special mailing list dedicated to Mac-related questions:
r-sig-mac using r-project.org

--
Best regards,
Ivan