[R] Ids with matching number combinations?

Marine Andersson m@r|ne@@nder@@on @end|ng |rom k|@@e
Fri Oct 7 13:57:36 CEST 2022

Hi,

If I have two datasets like this:
df=data.frame("id"=rep(1:10,10, each=10), "item1"=sample(1:20, 100, replace=T)
df2=data.frame("a"=c(8, 8,10,9, 5, 1,2,1), "b"=c(16,18,11, 19,18, 11,17,12))

How do I find out which ids in the df dataset that has a match for both the numbers occuring in the same row in the df2 dataframe? In the output I would like to get the matching id and the rownumber from the df2.

Output something like this
Id                        Rownr
2                         1
5                         1
7                         4

My actual problem is more complex with even more columns to be matched and the datasets are large, hence the solution needs to be efficient.

Kind regards,

N?r du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) inneb?r detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. H?r finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI's processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]