[R] Function for Distribution Fitting

Paul Bernal p@u|bern@|07 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 26 15:41:34 CEST 2022

Dear friends from the R community,

Hope you are all doing great. So far, whenever I need to perform
distribution fitting on a particular dataset, I make use of R package
fitdistrplus.

However, distribution fitting using the fitdist() function from
fitdistrplus is rather manual (you need to specify which probability
distribution you are trying to fit), and it would be more convenient if the
function tested all possible probability distributions (or a bunch of them)
and then estimates the parameters and suggests the most suitable
distribution.

Is there any package besides fitdistrplus that does allow automatic
distribution fitting?

Best regards,
Paul

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]