[R] Error Running arules

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Sun Sep 4 20:29:38 CEST 2022

Thought about it.

The arules maintainer said to remove and reinstall.

I am not a huge fan of having apps in my home directory.

Oddly, I had to wait for r-base to update to 4.2 as it is a requirement
of arules.

I went with my distribution's repository for all things R. Then, I went
for CRAN repository when I could not get r-base at 4.2 from my
distribution's repository. I am thinking this could be where things got off.

Frankly, I cannot believe things are off. If the primary repository
shoots me r-base 4.2, cloud.r-project.org got me arules, and the arules
maintainer says nothing about a particular version of r-base beyond 4.2
as prompted by arules, then I am wondering if I am about to spend time
on this versioning effort for nothing.

stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ grep ^[^#] /etc/apt/sources.list
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:deb
https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu jammy-cran40/
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/c2d4u_team-c2d4u4_0_-jammy.list:deb
http://ppa.launchpad.net/c2d4u.team/c2d4u4.0+/ubuntu jammy main
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:deb [arch=amd64]
https://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list:deb
http://packages.linuxmint.com vanessa main upstream import backport
#id:linuxmint_main
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list:deb
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy main restricted universe multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list:deb
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates main restricted universe
multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list:deb
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-backports main restricted
universe multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list:deb
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jammy-security main restricted
universe multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/skype-stable.list:deb [arch=amd64]
https://repo.skype.com/deb stable main
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/teams.list:deb [arch=amd64]
https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams stable main
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $

stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ cat /etc/linuxmint/info
RELEASE=21
CODENAME=vanessa
EDITION="Cinnamon"
DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 21 Vanessa"
DESKTOP=Gnome
TOOLKIT=GTK
NEW_FEATURES_URL=https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_vanessa_cinnamon_whatsnew.php
RELEASE_NOTES_URL=https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_vanessa_cinnamon.php
USER_GUIDE_URL=https://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php
GRUB_TITLE=Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $ uname -a
Linux LENOVO-SSD 5.15.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 11 07:51:15
UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
stephen using LENOVO-SSD ~/Desktop $

I know I am not looking forward to this rinse-and-repeat exercise of
building the box for R again.

*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/
Business & Technology