[R] Error Running arules

Tue Sep 6 19:15:59 CEST 2022

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:14:23 -0400
"Stephen H. Dawson, DSL via R-help" <r-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> The problem he estimates is a version mismatch within my R packages,
> although all packages I am using come from R repositories.
> Specifically, something is off on the r-base version I am running.

Could you provide a small example (including a small, anonymised
version of ./input/DataSet.csv) that would reproduce the problem? In my
opinion, there's debugging to be done, but that's relatively
complicated. I would start with options(error = recover), browse the
variables at the point of the crash (who's calling eval()? what's the
expression being evaluated? what's in the environment?) and try to
figure out why the expectations of the expression aren't met by the
environment.

What's suspicious is that I can't find any mention of a variable named
"Insert" or a piece of code saying eval(ei, envir) in the code of the
"arules" package, and it doesn't have any non-core or recommended hard
dependencies except "generics". The reason I asked for a traceback() is
to clarify where exactly the error happens and perhaps uncover a reason
for the failure through that.

--
Best regards,
Ivan