[R] GIS in R vs QGIS

Nick Wray n|ckmwr@y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 8 15:00:02 CEST 2022

A bit of a philosophical question maybe?  I am no expert in R but I feel at
home in it.  On the other hand I have been wrestling with QGIS, buying
books on it, finding online guides etc and I'm still finding it really
tricky.  For my research I need to analyse both topological data (locations
of streamflow gauges for example) and vector data such as precipitation or
temperature.  There seems to be a fair amount of geospatial stuff in R, as
well as books like Robin Lovelace's, so I am wondering whether I can throw
aside the QGIS stuff and do everything in R with the needed packages etc.
It would give me a lot more time, if nothing else.

I'd appreciate any thoughts about this
Thanks Nick Wray

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]