[R] Question about Line Ending Choice

Stephen H. Dawson, DSL @erv|ce @end|ng |rom @hd@w@on@com
Tue Sep 27 17:20:33 CEST 2022

Hi All,

I am writing with a question about choosing the line ending aspect of a
file, please.

I use write.csv and write.table to export work to CSV files and TXT
files. I am planning now on how to share my work with the Windows crowd
beyond only sharing with the Linux crowd. I use my text editor to flip
the line ending option from Linux to Windows after exporting. This is
inefficient for me to accomplish if I ramp up production as I expect
will occur.

Staying with the character encoding of UTF-8 seems fine for now from
what I understand I need to deliver to my customers.

What seems more efficient to me is to learn how to use R to define the
line ending aspect of the exported file. I have not found if this is an
option within R.

QUESTION
Is it possible within R to define the line ending aspect of file output?

Kindest Regards,
--
*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/