[R] Why R >= 4.1 warns about installing Rtools on Windows?

Robert Baer rb@er @end|ng |rom @t@u@edu
Wed Sep 28 14:11:56 CEST 2022

I don't know for sure, but I imagine this warning is for"old users" that
have been using RTools for some of their packages and need to know that
the old RTools no longer works with the latest builds.  It certainly was
helpful to me.  I understand how frightening it could be to new users,
but everyone should benefit from learning the difference between a
warning and an error at some time.

On 9/27/2022 3:51 AM, Samuel Granjeaud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't understand why Rtoosl seems to be required even if a package
> is pure R. For sure, this is just a warning, but it frightens new
> comers. So, why encouraging people add stuff that will be probably
> unneeded?
>
> Have a nice,
> Samuel

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D.
Professor of Physiolgy
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
A.T. Still University of Heallth Sciences
800 W. Jefferson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501
P: 660-626-2322

The ATSU Mission
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences serves as a learning-centered university dedicated to preparing highly competent professionals through innovative academic programs with a commitment to continue its osteopathic heritage and focus on whole person healthcare, scholarship, community health, interprofessional education, diversity, and underserved populations.

Proud recipient of INSIGHT Into Diversity’s 2017-19 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Awards.