[R] Circular plot - polar plot code questions

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 24 14:16:13 CEST 2023

Hi Bruce,
Reading your message, I get the idea that you want a radial.plot with
arcs to indicate "at least one bat is in this state'.This can be done
with an addition to the rp.type= argument. If you already have what
you want in this format, it may not be worth programming it. However,
if you want "how many bats are in this state":

m <- read.table(
 text="id T month P L
 1    0    1    0    0
 2    0    2    0    0
 3    0    3    0    0
 4    1    4    0    0
 5    1    5    1    0
 6    1    6    1    1
 7    0    7    1    1
 8    0    8    1    1
 9    0    9    0    1
 10    0    10    0    0
 11    0    11    0    0
 12    0    12    0    0",
 header=TRUE)
 library(plotrix)
png("batstate.png",width=600)
kiteChart(t(m[,c("T","P","L")]),
 main="Bat state by month",
 xlab="Month",ylab="State",
 varlabels=c("Testiular enlargement","Pregnant","Lactatins"),
 timelabels=month.abb)
dev.off()

Jim