[R] aniMoutm/foiegras Assistance

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Mon Jan 30 00:10:43 CET 2023

Hi Zac:

Two suggestions.  In the map statement,  set silent = FALSE,  hopefully that will give you more info,  The second is to try what is suggested in the error message, " Try simplifying the model with the following argument: map = list(rho_o = factor(NA))".  I don't know what rho_o does,  but it might be a first step to figuring things out/

HTH,

-Roy

> On Jan 27, 2023, at 12:42 PM, ZAC WARHAM <zac.warham using students.mq.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi all, I am receiving the error *Newton failed to find minimum* whilst
> trying to fit a move persistence model in this package. I think the error
> is related to the optimiser in the TMB package but it is beyond my
> statistics/coding knowledge to track down the specific cause and solution.
> I would appreciate it if anyone knew some resources to assist with fixing
> this. I have put a MRE and sample data over on Stackoverflow if anyone
> wants a closer look -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75253642/how-do-i-fix-newton-failed-to-find-minimum-in-r
>
> --
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]