[R] aniMoutm/foiegras Assistance

Mon Jan 30 00:14:57 CET 2023

The obvious: all optimization procedures can be subject to such errors, and
simplifying models and/or weakening the criteria for stopping (increasing
step size, increasing the delta of the change in value that signals
convergence, trying different starting values for the parameters, etc.) are
more or less standard procedures to get convergence. It can be tricky --
numerical optimization is part art as well as science.

If you don't get a satisfactory reply here or at SO, you might wish to
contact the package maintainer: see ?maintainer.

Cheers,
Bert