[R] Seeking Assistance: Plotting Sea Current Vectors in R

konstantinos christodoulou kon@t@nt|no@@chr|@todou|ou1 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 25 13:29:25 CEST 2023

Dear Rcommunity,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with
a data visualization problem I am facing while working with R.

Problem Description:

I have a dataframe named "df" containing the following columns:
"longitude", "latitude", "sea_currents_mag", and "sea_currents_direction".
The dataframe includes sea current estimations, with information about
magnitude (m/s) and direction (degrees) at various longitude and latitude
coordinates. The study domain covers the Eastern Mediterranean Sea (23E to
36W) and extends from 31S to 37N. It is important to note that the
longitude and latitude coordinates are not evenly spaced across the domain.

Objective: I am seeking guidance on how to create a plot that visualizes
the sea current vectors (arrows) at each coordinate. Additionally, if
possible, I would like the borders of the surrounding countries to be
included in the plot to provide geographic context.

Specific Requests:

   1. Help with plotting sea current vectors (arrows) based on
   "sea_currents_mag" and "sea_currents_direction" at each corresponding
   longitude and latitude coordinate.
   2. Assistance with including the borders of the surrounding countries in
   the plot to provide geographic context.

I would highly appreciate any advice, code examples, or packages that could
assist me in achieving this visualization goal.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my email, and I look
forward to any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,
Kostas

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]