[R] Seeking Assistance: Plotting Sea Current Vectors in R

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Tue Jul 25 14:56:57 CEST 2023

Not sure if correct but Chatgpt answer is:

Here are some popular R packages for sea current vectors:

oce: The "oce" package provides a wide range of functions for oceanographic data analysis, including handling sea current data. It allows you to work with current data in various formats and provides functions for visualization and basic analysis.

oceanmap: The "oceanmap" package is specifically designed for the analysis and visualization of oceanographic data. It includes functions for mapping oceanographic variables, including sea current vectors, using ggplot2-based plotting techniques.

rOceans: This package is part of the "rOpenSci" project and focuses on accessing various oceanographic datasets, including sea current data. It provides functions to download and work with sea current data from online sources.

marmap: While "marmap" is primarily designed for bathymetric data (depth measurements of the ocean), it can be useful for visualizing sea current vectors in the context of oceanographic maps.

ncdf4: The "ncdf4" package allows you to work with netCDF files, which are commonly used to store oceanographic data, including sea current data. It enables you to read, write, and manipulate netCDF files in R.

oceanoGrafia: The "oceanoGrafia" package provides tools for oceanographic data analysis, including sea current vectors. It supports various data formats and offers functions for data processing and visualization.

ocean: The "ocean" package is designed for oceanographic data analysis and visualization, including sea current data. It offers functions for data manipulation, transformation, and plotting.

Cheers Petr