[R] 32bit application

Tue Jun 27 17:26:32 CEST 2023

В Tue, 27 Jun 2023 11:03:23 +0530
Venky Vulpine <venkyvulpine using gmail.com> пишет:

> Is there a way to build a 32bit R setup or is there any solution for
> the people who definitely need 32bit R on windows.

While 32-bit builds of R are not supported on Windows, they might still
work (and they do work on other platforms).

Try following the guide at
<https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/howto-R-devel.html> to
compile R. (I think you'll need a 64-bit Windows installation in order
to follow the guide. If you don't have one, setting up
cross-compilation from a 32-bit computer for 64-bit Windows ought to be
possible but may be tricky.)

When you run `make all recommended`, add WIN=32 to the command line:

  make all recommended WIN=32

Does it give you a 32-bit R.exe?

--
Best regards,